Romantic Getaways in California
Travel is good for the soul, but even better for relationships. And while that dream vacation to Thailand or epic trip to Africa might not be possible just yet, a couples’ getaway doesn’t have to be long—or far away—to be romantic. A weekend retreat or mid-week escape to our bed and breakfast in Palm Springs, California is the perfect way to ditch the daily grind, reconnect with the one you love, and rendezvous with romance.
Romance at the Rendevous
For romantic couples’ getaways, where you stay is just as important as where you go. At Palm Springs Rendezvous, there are never crowds to contend with or the worry that you won’t get a chair by the pool. With just ten double-occupancy rooms, the courtyard pool, hot tub, and air-conditioned lounge are typically quiet, allowing you and your loved one the privacy and solitude that’s perfect for romance.
You’ll also be treated daily to a gourmet breakfast; fresh baked goodies; and a poolside happy hour with complimentary cocktails and appetizers. What could be more romantic than that? How about an on-site private massage studio and rooms with two-person Jacuzzi tubs?
And if nostalgia turns you on, how about the fact that numerous Hollywood icons, including Marilyn Monroe, frequently stayed at what is now the Rendezvous? For couples in love, there’s no better place for a romantic getaway in California.
Couples Massages in Palm Springs
Things to do in Palm Springs
Although staying in is romantic enough at the Rendezvous, heading out into Palm Springs will add even more romance to your couples weekend getaway. Here are a few of our favorite Palm Springs couples’ outings:
- Walk - Meander around downtown Palm Springs, holding hands while taking in the Walk of Stars and enjoying the weather, the shops, and the scenery.
- Pedal - Grab two of our complimentary 50’s-style cruiser bikes and pedal through historic neighborhoods and area attractions.
- Tour - Book a Sunset Jeep Tour to the San Andreas Fault; admire mid-century modern style with a PS Architectural tour; learn about harnessing energy with windmills on a Windfarm tour; or sweeten your day with a tour of the Shields Date Garden.
- Ride - Ride a horse-drawn carriage through town; summit the San Jacinta Mountains on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway; go horseback riding through Indian Canyons; or soar to new heights on a romantic hot-air balloon ride.
- Picnic - Pick up some sandwiches at Sherman’s Deli, The Sandwich Spot, TKB Bakery & Deli, or the Palm Greens Café, then head to Ruth Hardy Park or Indian Canyons for a romantic picnic lunch.
- Hike - Explore Joshua Tree National Park, Coachella Valley Preserve, Indian Canyons, or Tahquitz Canyon, where a short 2-mile loop leads to a stunning, 60-foot waterfall.
- Dance - Synchronize your steps at hotspots like Village Pub, where late-night DJs keep things pumping, or at Melvyn’s, where live music and a small dance floor set the mood for some romantic moves.
- Dine - Choose among dozens of top-notch romantic eateries to wine and dine your sweetie, including Le Vallauris, a French favorite; Johannes, an upscale Austrian-Asian fusion restaurant; Spencer’s Restaurant, a fine American-fare eatery with stunning views of the San Jacinto Mountains; or Copley’s on Palm Canyon, where fine contemporary cuisine is served at the former Cary Grant estate.
View our Top Palm Springs Restaurants on our site.
Romantic getaways in California are perfect for couples who enjoy warm, sunny days and idyllic mountain vistas. In Palm Springs, rain is a rarity, but romance is almost a given—especially at Palm Springs Rendezvous. Book your stay today and replace the routine with the romantic!